Rhodiola Rosea is a well-known herb to the traditional medical community that can be found in the cold and mountainous areas of Russia, Europe, and most of Asia. This plant is better known as “arctic root” or “golden root.”
People have been using this herb for centuries to treat depression, fatigue, and anxiety successfully. In addition, traditional medicine has relied on this plant for promoting good health, strength, endurance, mental, and physical wellness.
How does this supplement get down to work?
This supplement is all about Rhodiola Rosea’s root, which has almost 150 known active and beneficial components. Using the extract of this plant consistently in recommended doses can significantly reduce fatigue and improve your overall mental performance. How? Well, by controlling the stress hormones, among others – cortisol.
We should also mention another active component – salidroside, which can easily access the different areas of our body, such as the urinary bladder. Once inside our bodies, this component can benefit the numerous important physiological functions.
What Are The Benefits Associated With Rhodiola Rosea?
Rhodiola Rosea Benefits
- Reduction of depression symptoms.
This supplement has great antidepressant properties. Meaning, you can expect to achieve significant improvements when it comes to your self-esteem and emotional stability.
- Helps to deal with anxiety.
Certain ingredients of this supplement can help people dealing with various anxiety-related issues.
- Alleviates fatigue.
This supplement can help you deal with the stress-related fatigue that has been a cause of both mental and physical tiredness.
- Improved physical performance.
This supplement can significantly influence your endurance during long and demanding exercises.
- Improved brain functions.
Besides ensuring a good night’s sleep, Rhodiola Rosea can improve our brain functions. In addition, you can expect significant enhancements when it comes to your overall mental wellness. Your mental fatigue will be reduced dramatically, as well.
- Increased extra body fat burning rate.
This supplement can help you prevent diet-induced obesity. Furthermore, thanks to the invaluable ingredient called rosavin, you can significantly improve your overall fat-burning rate. How is that even possible? Well, this supplement has a unique ability to stimulate the particular enzymes in our body responsible for eliminating all the extra fat stored mainly in our belly area.
- Let’s not forget to mention the additional benefits associated with Rhodiola Rosea, such as:
• The noticeable anti-aging effects.
• The anti-cancer properties.
• Reduced bad cholesterol levels.
What About The Potential Side Effects Associated With Rhodiola Rosea?
When taken within the limits of the recommended dosage, Rhodiola Rosea is safe to use. However, you should be aware that some people may experience one or more of the following side-effects, such as:
- dry mouth
- the unusual production of saliva
In order to avoid these unwanted effects, there are some precautions and warnings you should be aware of:
- Pregnant and breastfeeding moms should avoid using this supplement.
- Rhodiola Rosea has an ability to stimulate our immune system, which may worsen the existing autoimmune diseases, for instance, rheumatoid arthritis (RA) or rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
- This supplement can significantly decrease your blood sugar levels that can have a negative impact on people who are taking insulin to deal with diabetes.
About The Potential Interactions of Other Substances With Rhodiola Rosea
This supplement usually does not adversely interact when combined with other substances, but there are certain exceptions, such as:
- Psychotropic drugs – Just in case, it is advisable that you consult your doctor if you plan to use these drugs in combination with Rhodiola Rosea.
- Antidepressant and Anti-anxiety Drugs – You should be aware that you may augment the particular effects of these medicaments if you use them with this supplement at the same time.
- Others drugs – This supplement can potentially interfere with thyroid, birth control, and diabetic drugs.
What Is The Optimal Dosage of Rhodiola Rosea?
The great thing about this supplement is that you can take in the form of tablets, capsules, liquid extract, or dried powder. Therefore, the recommended dosage may vary a lot depending on your preferred form of this supplement.
In general, your safe dosages of this supplement should be withing these daily limits, anywhere between 350 and 1,500 mg. If you want to deal with your fatigue, then you shouldn’t take more than 300 mg daily.
If you plan to use this supplement in the form of capsules, you should find all the info you need about recommended dosage in the label. When it comes to Rhodiola Rosea extracts, the recommended dosage is anywhere between 250 to 700 mg on a daily basis.
Rhodiola Rosea Frequently Asked Questions
You should take this supplement approximately 15 minutes before your main meals. If you are taking high dosages, then it is advisable that you split it to ensure better absorptions.
For the 500 mg of this supplement or 60 capsules, you will have to pay from $12 to $15. If you want to buy an extract, let’s say a 30 mL bottle then the average price is around $15.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please make sure that a particular brand you are using comes with the NSF or USP seal. We’re talking about the third-party organizations, which guarantee that your preferred supplement brands are delivered without impurities.
Clinical studies show that most people experience its full benefits in 30-40 days.
Although we’re not aware of a clinical study of their combined effects, rhodiola can cause dizziness and ashwagandha can be sedating — and both may lower blood pressure, so it may be best not to take them together.
One small study indicated that Rhodiola rosea may be helpful.